Wednesday 20 May 2009

The Catholic Church

I find the reports of the abuse of children by members of the Catholic Church absolutely abhorrent. The trouble is that I believe it because that particular religion has a history of abuse of the poor.

I have never been a follower of any main stream religion. My beloved daughter is a committed Christian but I do not follow her beliefs because I cannot commit to something that I cannot prove. I have therefore no axe to grind but nobody can ignore the pleas by the former kids who have been criminally assaulted by people who they should have been able to trust.

If the Catholic Church does not give up those offenders then they are, in this modern world, totally discredited. The Pope must intervene here because if he doesn't then the religion itself will be discredited. The stories are awful!

No comments: