Thursday 25 November 2010

It is that time of year....

Here we go it's humbug time! You know that I talk to my mates and we all dread Christmas because it take us out of our comfort zone. We have to go shopping for female things! Ouch! We are no longer single men with any sexual charisma and so we cannot anticipate what is right and what is wrong.

I mean what do we know about jewellery, handbags, cosmetics and suchlike. It is ridiculous! I wandered around town today groping for inspiration. The helpful shop assistants asked if they could help but how can they when I have no idea what I want/need/like!

Tomorrow I meet my mates and the last thing that we will discuss will be Christmas. We all love our families and it is lovely to spend time with them... but presents? It is so often a waste of money. We try to please and spend money that we would normally never even consider but somehow for some guys it is never enough and it ruins the occasion.

Fortunately I have the best advice a man could have. I have an absolute expert on shopping, someone unparalled in the art of pleasing her mum, someone who every year saves her dad from shame and ensures that her mum is happy! I just hope that she is reading this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My wife and I both loathe shopping, so last year we decided to forget about presents. Instead, we donated the money we would have spent to the Cockermouth flood relief fund. I just wish it was possible to get away from the endless commercial pressure to spend spend spend. I'm not a religious person, but we really seem to have lost touch with what Christmas was supposed to be about.