Friday 9 December 2011

Wow! What a Day in Politics!

250px-Euro_coins.jpg

I cannot believe that David Cameron has actually stood up to Mercozy. I have often criticised him for not being a Conservative but now he has stood up and been counted maybe more of his own politicians will follow him.


What I don't understand is why we are still in the EU? It seems to me that we opt out of more than we opt into! I don't really think that we will ever think like the Europeans. I am sure that they only tolerate us because of our immense financial contribution which could better be spent at home. 


The political commentators are blethering about us being on the periphery of Europe but surely that was always our position once we elected to cling onto the pound? Until we accept the euro we will always be on the outside looking in.


Anyway there is little point to it all now. When the leading German newspaper 'Der Spiegel' leads with 'Bye Bye Britain' then is it not time to pull the plug and watch from afar as the euro sinks into the mire!

No comments: