Sunday 6 June 2010

You look at yourself in the mirror...

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning (not a pretty sight) but I tried to visualise those people who fell foul of Derrick Bird and his rampage in Cumbria. Every one of those victims must have looked in that mirror not realising that this was to be their last day on Earth.

It must be so difficult to come to terms with such an unnecessary and unexpected death but the manner of the death was so horrific. It just goes to show that none of us know what fate has planned for us. In many cases there are indications that danger lay ahead but in this case it seems inexplicable other than someone suddenly snapped.

What an absolute shame for all concerned. I reckon I should cease looking into the mirror but it is a huge lesson for us all. Look after your loved ones because you never know what is planned for you (Gulp).

This is a very difficult experience because in this case there appears to have been no warning or even government negligence. How long is it since we have said that? Think about your priorities when you look in the mirror in the morning.. .we all probably know a Derrick Bird and we probably drink with him. I drink with a Derrick and a Bird and I am privileged to know both of them.

No comments: