Friday 18 April 2008

Inflation Rates

On the 9th and 10th of January I cricised the PM for appearing one Sunday morning on the Andrew Marr show and bragging about the low rate of inflation which he had engineered. I said then that his figures were ridiculous and that inflation was rising far faster than it has for years. It didn't take some government statistic to tell me that because I just had to listen to my wife.

Way back then I ventured that the real rate was probably above ten per cent and today the Daily Mail confirmed that it is even higher. If the Retail Price Index is false then once again the people that are affected the most are the poor and the pensioner. Take this along with the abolition of the 10p rate of income tax which means that the lowest paid will be worse off and it is obvious that NoLab do not give a flying fig for voters they have traditionally boasted that they represent.

I hope everyone remembers at the local elections on 1 May. These are the only elections you will see for some considerable time.

No comments: