Thursday 6 November 2008

What we were saying just weeks ago!

I have shamelessly lifted the following contribution posted anonymously on the Guido Fawkes blog. Guido was running a feature on the No2ID people who have 'kidnapped' the Home Secretary's DNA. It is very interesting but amongst the posts, some of which are so disgusting that they defy comment, was this message completely unconnected with the story.

It describes frighteningly how we were 'persuaded' by the government, the press and the bankers to adopt a philosophy which has eventually lead to financial disaster. Read on and can you recognise yourself? If not then you are probably well placed to ride out the credit crunch!

Politics is boring - no more boom and bust - I will not let house prices get out of control - borrow and spend - spending is good - spending is all - spending is your patriotic duty - what's the point of saving - my house is my pension - Live for today -tomorrow might never come -you can't take it with you -spending the kids inheritance - growing old disgracefully - I have a lifestyle to maintain - we're having a black granite worksurface fitted -sex and shopping - because I'm worth it -put it on the plastic - releasing equity - what's the point of leaving it sitting in the bank - I'm a shopaholic (giggle) - I'm into buy to let - I'm a property developer - houses are a great investment - spend spend spend - ignore the doom mongers - It's different this time - I'll pay you back next week honest - we bought three flats in Bulgaria as an investment - the bloody banks charged me £30 just because I went overdrawn again - we have three holidays abroad a year plus four weeks in Salcombe in the summer - the kids are spoilt rotten but I hate saying no to them - you can make money out of property without even trying - what's the point of money if you can't spend it?

It all seems a bit silly now doesn't it?

No comments: